Tuesday, March 27, 2012

And now for something Completely Different

So what if I have a law degree? Any of us that have worked at a law firm know that it is a huge group of shockingly sour people. I mean an industry that practically invented the term 'work/life balance' doesn't actually know what it is & seriously resents and punishes anyone who does. Do I want to be like that? I think even that the bitter ones, didn't want that either. Sort of like those TV commercials where the little kids say "I wanna grow up and be a crack whore.."

Now I am in a location with tons of options for someone with a law degree. Technical writer, technical editor, legal writer/editor, teacher, bar coach, web writer or content provider...I could go on & on. And of course, the glamorous in house counsel which always beckons. I mean, who doesn't want to work with people who enjoy life? Who aren't obsessed with making the next generation grovel & suffer like they did?

I'm exploring some other options. My only trouble is choosing which one would be the most fun. Seriously. This is a pretty awesome problem to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment