Friday, August 5, 2011

You Get What You Pay

ABA Journal reported today on a malpractice suit filed against McDermoot Will & Emery claiming they "negligently performed their duties." Apparently MWE has a herd of cogs to do document review just like I do here. The client is claiming the Firm did not actively manage the work the cogs performed and that they were "paid as little as $25-$30 an hour to review documents." Apparently, this lack of oversight and low pay resulted in poor document review quality on behalf of MWE. Hilarious! I'd LOVE to make a paltry $25-30 an hour. Here we make $19. And after half of that goes to my student loan, I make $8/hour.

As my mother would say "you get what you pay for." Let me explain. The quality of the attorney's at MWE is not any different than the quality of attorneys at any firm. That crux of the matter is that if you pay people peanuts, you get work worth peanuts. Employees simply feel taken advantage of and resentful. If you don't value me, why should I value you? And sorry, MWE, that obviously turned around and bit you in the ass. Karma at work my friend. Simply Karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment